Are you a childcare expert? Are you a nanny, helper, or babysitter who likes to care for children? How much do you really know? Take this short quiz to find out!
The baby won’t stop crying. What should you do first before calling the mother?
- Check for a dirty diaper. Yuck! Change if necessary.
- Offer the baby a bottle, she might be hungry.
- Try to comfort the baby by singing in a soft voice and rocking her gently.
- All of the above.
The 5 year old boy is not listening to you. What should you do?
- Scold him. Yelling loudly will get his attention and make him listen.
- Give in and let him do what he wants so he won’t tell his parents.
- Let his parents know and ask for suggestions on how to handle this behavior.
- Offer him the use of your mobile phone to get him to comply.
In case of emergency, you should know…
- The child’s weight.
- The child’s home address.
- The parents’ names and phone numbers.
- All of the above.
Your employers are fighting. What is the best thing to do for the child when this happens?
- Find out if this has happened before. Ask the neighbors if they know.
- Continue to provide a safe and secure environment for the child.
- Try to solve the problem for the parents.
- Get involved in the argument and take sides with the parent you feel is most right.
Using your mobile phone during work hours to chat with your friends or play games …
- Is ok so long as I am doing my other duties.
- Is ok when the children are sleeping.
- Must be cleared with the employer first.
- Is ok when at the playground with the kids or outside of the house with the children.
The parents want the 10 year old girl to finish homework before dinner. She struggles to get it done most days. What should you do?
- Speak with the child’s teacher about the amount of homework they are given.
- Speak with the parents about the issues you observe.
- Tell the girl she is lazy and stupid to motivate her.
- Do the homework for the child so she can finish earlier.
You take the baby for a walk. Two hours later when you return, you see that the baby’s bottle was left on the table for the entire time you were away. You should…
- Quickly put it in the refrigerator.
- Sniff it. If it smells ok, then put it in the refrigerator for later.
- Empty the contents of the bottle and wash it thoroughly.
- Give it to the baby right away.
When taking care of children who are 2-5 years old, which beverage should you offer them several times a day?
- 100 plus
You have taken the children, ages 2 and 5, to the swimming pool. The 2 year old needs to use the toilet. What should you do?
- Take the 2 year old to the toilet, and leave the 5 year old in the pool alone.
- Tell the 2 year old to pee in the pool. Nobody will notice.
- Take both children to the toilet with you.
- Ask the lady next to you in the pool to watch the five year old while you take the 2 year old to the toilet.
You are riding in a taxi with children who are 1, 3 and 7 years old. Where should the children sit?
- You sit between the 1 and 3 year old, and the 3 and 7 year olds can share a seat belt. All children should be buckled with the youngest in a car seat.
- You sit in front and the children sit in the backseat, buckled, with the 1 year old in a car seat.
- The children will let you know whee they want to sit. You sit in whichever seat is left.
- Everyone sits in the back, and you hold the 1 year old in your lap.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!